We practise in the following areas of Public Law:
- Advice on all aspects of procurement law, including tenders and tender processes, both to organs of State and private corporations.
- Appeals and reviews of public body decisions.
- All aspects of local/municipal and provincial government law.
- Servicing parastatals in ensuring compliance with applicable legislation.
- Advice on all aspects of constitutional law to both organs of State, private corporations and individuals.
- Representation in the Constitutional Court as well as all other courts having constitutional jurisdiction.
We view our commitment to education and educational practice as much more than a business and, as such, Herold Gie advises on all aspects of education law, including:
- Specialised and strategic advice to state-aided and independent schools.
- Advice to school governing bodies to ensure their legal obligations are met.
- Disciplinary hearings in the education environment.
- Powers, duties and obligations of governing bodies, educators, learners and the education departments.
Heritage and Environmental Law
- Advice on all aspects of heritage and environmental law.
- Advice and representation to national and provincial heritage agencies.
Professional Affairs and Ethics
- Advice to various regulatory bodies in the legal and medical arena.
- Representation to regulatory bodies in disciplinary enquiries.
- Litigation in high courts, including review applications.